2x red onions, finely chopped
6x 200g packs feta cheese
2kg baby spinach
2x packs filo pastry
- Fry up onions in olive oil until soft.
- Blanch spinach and drain. Squeeze out excess water on kitchen towel.
- Crumble feta and combine with onion and spinach.
- Add eggs to mixture.
- Oil large baking tray and start layering filo pastry. Use pastry brush to spread olive oil over each sheet of pastry until you reach 5 layers.
- Spread half of mixture over pastry and layer another 5 sheets of filo pastry on top, oiling between each layer.
- Spread final half of mixture onto filo pastry and finish with 5 sheets of oiled filo pastry.
- Score top layer of pastry into small squares and bake for approx 1hr at 180, until golden brown.